Assistant Operations Manager – Technical
To manage the day to day operational activities in the configuration centre and third party providers in order to achieve the Company business plan and strategy.
• Provide timely management information that adds value to the operation on a regular basis, as determined by the Operations Manager.
• Manage departmental and individual performance to positively impact on site KPI’s.
• Collate relevant statistical evidence as required, being proactive in the use of data to assist in decision making processes.
• Deputise for the Operations Manager as required. Including meetings with project teams and reports required by senior management to maintain continuity in the business.
• Ensure all site specific procedures are followed to deliver the very best possible service to projects and other customers at all times.
• Understand and drive the delivery to meet the business operational plans.
• Develop an effective working partnership with teams, characterised by trust, openness and mutual respect.
• Liaise with site functions such as HR, Finance, Health & Safety and Transport to ensure operational activities are coordinated in achieving on and off site KPI’s.
• Performing additional duties or collating relevant statistical evidence enabling increased planning and production.
• Works with clients to create working documents and processes for new and existing configuration tasks
• Manage the teams, creating an engaging and positive work environment, encouraging feedback and continuous improvement.
• Promoting and maintaining high morale and effective engagement at all times.
• Act as a role model for the teams to promote team work and collaboration.
• Maintaining effective working relationships, ensuring that work is carried out to agreed standards, liaising with the HR team for the appropriate support and guidance.
• Nurture and mentor teams in all aspects of their role ensuring that areas for development are highlighted and appropriate plans are in place for their improvement and consistently with the agreed timescales.
• Promote a safe working environment for all employees by reporting all accidents or near misses.
• Working with the management team to forward plan resources, continuously evaluating opportunities for improvements in working methods that maximise cost savings.
Team Leadership & Development
• Build a strong team and provide team members with the direction, resources and environment needed for success.
• Motivate and inspire teams to achieve extraordinary results.
• Communicate openly and regularly through team and individual communication.
• Utilise resources to exceed the business expectations.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with the internal teams, suppliers and customers.
• Focus on the needs of the business and seek to meet and exceed expectations.
• Deliver operational results by analysing and solving problems in a structured way.
• Identify issues / problems / opportunities.
• Implement corrective action and change processes to eliminate problems.
• Implements change through motivating and supporting others.
• Generates enthusiasm and ideas for change within the team.
• Identifies and overcomes barriers to change.
• Adopt a positive and constructive attitude when handling change, ambiguity and potential obstacles.
• Maintain an even temperament, especially when under extreme pressure.
• Deal with competing agendas confidently, using a range of influencing styles and handling potentially tense situations professionally and objectively.